CELEBRATES LOCAL RIVERS, BAYS & MARITIME HISTORY
Saturday, June 3rd, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On the grounds of Strawbery Banke, 14 Hancock St, Portsmouth
We’re excited to announce the third annual Piscataqua Riverfest!
- FREE entry for all, thanks to Newburyport Bank, our Lead Sponsor
- Traditional boat show of stunning wooden boats on the grounds of Strawbery Banke
- Maritime demonstrations including a blacksmith, oar making, rope maker, wood art, touch tank, science experiments, and remote control boat models
- An artisan craft show with 60+ vendors of unique maritime goods including: soaps, candles, metal art, wood ornaments, paintings, glass art, sea glass designs, wood décor, leather goods, board & bowls
- Food trucks including BBQ, tacos, wraps, grilled burger & dogs, and fresh oysters from Fox Point Oysters
- Desserts including cupcakes, cake pops, and ice cream sandwiches & sundaes
- A beer garden served by Maeve’s Mobile Cocktail Hour with local brews
- Musical performances from local musicians: Drowned Valley and Cormac McCarthy
- Family fun activities including Lindsay & Her Puppet Pals, children’s music from Sammie Haynes, and face painting
By the waterfront, the Gundalow PISCATAQUA offers harbor sails from Prescott Park, down the namesake river past the shipyard, forts, and lighthouses. New this year, visiting boats from the US Coast Guard and the Wood Island Life Saving Station will be dockside for tours as well.
The Sheafe Warehouse exhibit, Changing Nature: 400 Years in the Piscataqua Region, is open for free tours.
Free entry into the Strawbery Banke Museum all day!
Seacoast residents and visitors alike are invited to join the celebration to promote the health, history, and resiliency of the Piscataqua Region. The complex river system is surrounded by people and organizations working hard to protect it, and their stewardship makes Portsmouth a top destination for exhibiting the rich maritime heritage.
Prior Piscataqua Riverfest Images
Thank you to our 2023 Piscataqua Riverfest Sponsors